Beaverton, OR 97008
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Department: Primary Care Health Center – Beaverton
Pay: $29.87-33.46/hr. Plus benefits
Shift & Schedule: .80FTE, Normal clinic hours (8-5 or 10-7)
A not-for-profit primary care health center that provides high-quality, comprehensive, and culturally appropriate primary health care to the communities of Washington and Yamhill counties with a special emphasis on migrant and seasonal farmworkers and others with barriers to receiving healthcare is searching for a Registered Nurse. The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing holistic patient care services as a member of the primary care team. The Registered Nurse will perform routine clinic tasks necessary for efficient patient care and assist other patient care providers as needed.
• Current and unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license
• Commitment to providing quality healthcare to all
• Demonstrated commitment to working with patients and staff from a wide range of ethnic, economic, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Strongly Preferred: Proficiency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
• Preferred: Bachelors of Nursing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assessment of patient needs through problem-oriented history, including past medical history, current problems and vital signs
• Identification of patients with significant health risks, including patients at risk due to hereditary factors, lifestyle, diet, substance abuse, social/cultural/environmental factors, and/or inadequate understanding of their disease process or treatment plan
• Patient teaching involving explanation to the patient of diagnosis, treatment plan (including use of medications and their effects and side effects), infection control (if indicated), and preventative techniques to lower patient risk of future disease or accident
• Assessment of patient needs through telephone interviews – advise patients over the phone and identify patients with urgent care needs
• Triage patients who arrive without appointments, including assessment and evaluation for need of medical care based on their medical history, present complaint, vital signs, and physical assessment (after physician consult if necessary)
• Dispensing medication under M.D. Supervision and administration of oral, I.M. And I.V. Medication as ordered by M.D., FNP, and CNW
• Case management of high risk patients
• Facilitate patient/family group education sessions
• Coordinate patient flow and triage patients in the absence of the provider when provider attends a hospital delivery or calls in sick
• Maintains on-call providers up to date daily on changing needs of a complex, or high maintenance, or high risk patient
• Infection control within the clinic
• Perform laboratory procedures when necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
This is a direct hire or contract opportunity based on the chosen candidate's qualifications.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.*
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!