Registered Nurse -Hematology Oncology
Portland, OR 97239
RN - Hematology Oncology
M-F, 830-5: 00
This is a 13 week contract position with the possibility of extension
BSN, minimum of 1 year of current perioperative surgical nursing experience. Preferred: 2 – 5 yrs experience working in perioperative/operating room. Current BLS.
Department Specific Working Conditions:
• Shared and collaborative infusion space.
• Ability to alternate between various work sites, depending on the practices’ space allocation, division of daily work activities, etc.
Requirements (competencies, equipment, certifications, etc.):
• Completion of ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration certification during orientation
• Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English.
• Navigate information technology associated with the position.
• Use Electronic Health Record information and associated tools.
• Record, track and assign duties and processes to ensure appropriate billing and revenue generation, when applicable.
• Facilitate care coordination with other providers and services to complement ambulatory Oncology care and meet holistic needs of the patient and family.
Department Specific Preferences (competencies, certifications, etc.):
• ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Card
• Recent Experience working in ambulatory Hematology/Oncology preferred.
o Recent Experience working in inpatient Oncology
• IV access proficiency. Experience working with Central Lines, Port-a-cath.
The registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The RN’ s care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics and meets the standards/expectations of a Professional Practice Model.In that model, the RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, practitioner, and knowledge transferor. Professional accountability enriches the RN’ s engagement as a leader in promoting a inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork.
Professional Nursing Practice Responsibilities:
Develop, interpret, implement and document a plan of care for each patient and safely delivers this care.
1. Displays a positive attitude within the work place.
2. Communicates in a respectful, caring and non-judgmental manner.
3. Adheres to the hospital's Code of Conduct.
4. Performs staff member requirements as outlined in the Compliance Section of the Core Competencies.
5. Demonstrates performance consistent with Departmental, Divisional, and Organizational expectations and core competencies.
*B Demonstrates proficiency in clinical skills/knowledge specific to the surgical specialties
a. Demonstrates a working knowledge of sterile technique.
b. Proficient in both scrub and circulating role in the surgical specialties.
c. Provide fundamental components of patient comfort and safety within the perioperative setting.
d. Identify and develop areas of expertise within the surgical specialties.
e. Maintain knowledge base essential to the role of the professional operating room nurse.
f. Coordinate patient care/services with other team member.
g. Identify and prioritize pain and comfort care. Adhere to the hospital policy for Pain Management.
h. Assess potential or actual patient health problems.
i. Prioritize patient care responsibilities and seek consultation when indicated.
*C. Performs effectively in Emergent Situations.
a. Recognize and effectively manages emergent situations.
b. CPR certified.
c. Responds appropriately to a code situation in the surgery department
*D. Provide Patient Education: Provides appropriate pre and postoperative education to patient and family when applicable.
*E. Preserve Patient Rights.
Pay: $44-47/hr plus $100 sign on bonus and extension bonuses
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!