Registered Nurse -Emergency OR
Portland, OR 97239
This is a 13 week contract position with the possibility of extension
Pay: $44-47/per hour with $100 sign on bonus & and extension bonus
Current, unencumbered Oregon RN license; Current BLS; BSN, PALS, Minimum of 1 year of current perioperative surgical nursing experience.
Preferred: 2 years’ experience working in a Pediatric perioperative setting, Experience scrubbing in multiple specialties.
Professional Nursing Practice Responsibilities:
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period. Able to lift 35 lbs independently. Complies with the safe patient mobilization policy when lifting or positioning dependent patients, including using mechanical lifts and coordinating the assistance of other personnel.
• Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking. Reasonable accommodations include corrective lenses and/or hearing aids
• The work environment carries risk of exposure to human tissue/fluids and radiation.
• Must be able to deal with competing needs and priorities of internal and external customers, including making correct judgments regarding ensuring safe conditions for patients, families, and other personnel.
• Use of all hospital approved clinical equipment. Significant use of computers, copiers, multi-line phones, and fax.
This position is an acute care unit for the Emergency General Surgery Service. The unit is also designated as overflow for the Trauma and Vascular Services. The patient population includes primarily complicated abdominal surgeries for conditions such as necrotizing pancreatitis and enter cutaneous fistulas, colectomies; and complications of prior surgeries. Other diagnoses include necrotizing fasciitis, complicated appendectomies, bowel obstructions, diabetic ulcers, necrotic venous ulcerations, ischemic arterial ulcers, plus various traumatic injuries that may occur during MVC or falls.
Department Specific Preferences (competencies, certifications, etc.):
Complex wound care
Management of drains/feeding tubes
Management of chest tubes
Management of post-operative patients
Safe Patient Mobilization: Ceiling Lifts, Hovermats
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!