Registered Nurse- Cardiovascular-Immediate Care
Portland, OR 97239
Contract begins: 1/3/2019
13 week duration with possibility of extension.
Three 12 hour shifts/week; 1900 - 0730
Pay: $44-47/hr plus $100 sign on bonus and extension bonuses
• Current, unencumbered Oregon RN license
• Current BLS required at time of hire issued by the American Heart Association or the Military Training Network
• Must have 1 year current adult acute care RN experience
• Telemetry experience
• Current ACLS certification issued by the American Heart Association or the Military Training Network
• Both BLS/ACLS must not expire during the orientation or probationary period
• ACLS and telemetry experience required; medical and surgical experience preferred; PCCN certified is a bonus but not required
National certification in specialty area is desired
• Minimum of 1 year of Adult Acute Care Cardiac experience within the past 2 years
• Progressive Care Unit (PCU) experience
• Certified Heart Failure Nurse (CHFN) or other cardiovascular certification
• Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) certification
• Telemetry certification
• Experience in a high-level acuity medical facility
A 42 bed, cardiovascular and vascular intermediate care unit also serving as the organization's centralized telemetry monitoring program. Serving the following patient populations:
• Cardiac Surgery: Post cardiothoracic surgery patients, i.E., CABG, valve replacement and repair, TAVR, aortic root repairs, thoracic AAA repairs, patients with a Ventricular Assisted Device, and heart transplant patients.
• Thoracic Surgery: Patients with lung cancer who have had thoracotomy, lobectomy, and/or Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS), esophagectomy.
• Vascular Surgery: Postoperative patients who require close monitoring including, but not limited to, carotid endarterectomy, AAA, venous and arterial bypasses, amputations, wound infection management, and arterial stents.
• Cardiology: ACS patients requiring pre- and post-catheterization care, clinically stable myocardial infarction patients, heart failure patients, patients with symptom producing arrhythmias and/or potential for life threatening arrhythmias, patients with suspected pacemaker malfunction or defibrillator discharge
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!