Registered Nurse - Pediatric Neurology
Portland, OR 97239
Duration is 13 weeks with the possibility of extension
Monday through Friday 8: 30am to 5pm
Minimum two years of pediatric nursing experience
Previous experience with Neurology BLS (AHA only)
unencumbered OR nursing license
Pay: $44-47/hr plus $100 sign on bonus and extension bonuses
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The RN’ s care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics and meets the standards/expectations of the our client's Nursing Professional Practice Model. In that model, the RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, practitioner, and knowledge transfer. Professional accountability enriches the RN’ s engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork.
The nurse in this position will provide comprehensive care to pediatric neurology patients in an ambulatory setting, including epilepsy, headaches/migraines, brain and spinal cord tumors, and other neurologic conditions. The team is nationally and internationally recognized for their outstanding consultation, clinical services and surgery for children and adolescents with neurological disorders. The Registered Nurse provides complex care coordination, extensive phone triage, and clinic management including the shared facilitation of clinical research trials.
• Responds to acute illness using assessment skills and technical skills and immediately activating medical support as needed.
• Documents in Epic all care provided, phone advice given, teaching provided.
• Thoroughly documents all nursing activities according to compliance guidelines and on the same day that care is provided. Records medication start and stop times to ensure appropriate billing. Documents clearly and thoroughly so knowledge of patient’ s condition and any psychosocial factors are clear to the next care provider.
• Coordinates care during the assigned day with all members of care team including teachers, social workers, physicians, nurse practitioners, Care Management RN (discharge planner), Palliative Care, Hospice RNs, Child Life, PT/OT, and all other pediatric subspecialists who referred the patient
• Anticipates the needs of patients and families. Conducts anticipatory guidance teaching about behavioral and symptom management, medication management, grief, etc. Assesses psychosocial and physical needs of the patient during all interactions. Engages appropriate team members to support the family throughout their experience.
• Takes an active role in planning the workflow of clinic and in a way that maximizes use of rooms and staff and values the patient’ s time. Proactively plan follow up visits, look ahead to schedules to help maintain the balance of patients to resources. Actively participates in quality improvement activities
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!