Registered Nurse - IR/Cath Lab
Portland, OR 97239
Duration is 13 weeks with the possibility of extension
Monday through Friday rotating 9 hour shifts 0715-1645 with additional assigned call
The Interventional Radiology (IR) Nurse works as a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing direct and indirect nursing care for patients undergoing neuro and body procedures in the Interventional Radiology department for both outpatient and inpatients. The IR nurse will provide skilled nursing care to patients undergoing a large variety of procedures, including sedation services. The IR nurse will be proficient in providing care to the critically ill patient. This care may include invasive hemodynamic monitoring, care and management of the ventilated patient, management of vaso active drips and care and management of EVD’ s. The IR nurse must be skilled in recognizing complications or change in the patient’ s condition, communicating and responding effectively in emergent situations. The IR Nurse will have the ability to adapt and respond quickly, effectively and safely to a fast changing work environment.
The IR Nurse has expertise in the application of the nursing process within the Interventional Radiology setting, has the ability to manage stressful situations in a positive manner and embraces accountability, collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, respect, service orientation, and teamwork into his/her practice.
• Experience in Interventional Radiology
• Minimum 2 years total Critical Care or like experience (PACU, ED)
• Knowledge/experience related to moderate/conscious sedation administration and recovery, as well as anesthesia recovery
• Knowledge/experience related to arterial and venous femoral access/sheath management
• Knowledge/experience related to safe chemo precautions
• Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
• Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
• BLS and ACLS must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
• Communication skills including fluency in written and oral English
• Ability to stand up to 4 hours without sitting
• Ability to wear protective lead gear for extended periods of time
• Ability to tolerate moving throughout entire shift
• Fast paced procedural environment, with often competing priorities and quick turn-over of patients
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
Pay: $54.56/HR, plus $100 sign on bonus and extension bonuses
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!