Portland, OR 97239
Schedule: Operational hours include: 7 days/wk 0700-1930
Shift could include weekdays and/or weekends
Pay: 46-48.50/Hr with sign on bonus and extension bonus
Functions/Duties of Position
The Registered Nurse works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, providing direct and indirect professional nursing care for patients. The RN uses the nursing process to assess the patient’ s needs, develop a plan of care, implements the plan, documents the plan, and evaluates the plan of care. RN Key Responsibilities: Develop, interpret, implement and document plan of care for each patient and safely delivers this care. Deliveries care using the Modeling and Role-Modeling Nursing Theory framework. The RN practices in accordance with Oregon State Board of Nursing Practice Act and professional standards. The RN incorporates the organizational values into daily work activities. The RN performs requirements as outlined in Compliance Roles and Responsibilities in client Hospitals and Clinics.
• Current, unencumbered Oregon State RN license.
• BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association.
• Bachelors of Nursing degree
• At least 2 years hospital nursing experience in hematology/oncology and/or bone marrow transplant required.
• Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English.
• Chemotherapy Certification
• RN experience in an outpatient infusion setting preferred.
• Oncology Nurse Certified.
ORIENTATION: 1 week
• Constant exposure to usual hospital environmental conditions including possible exposure to chemotherapy, blood and body fluids for which staff is provided education and protective equipment to minimize risk.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & EQUIPMENT USAGE:
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period.
• Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
**Must be authorized to work in the U.S.**
This is a contract/travel nursing opportunity offered by Abbott & Associates Professional Placement.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!