Portland, OR 97239
Shift: Days, 8am-4: 30pm Monday-Friday
Location: Downtown Portland
Placement type: 3 month temporary with the possibility for extension
• High school diploma and completion of phlebotomy training program including significant time spent in a clinical rotation.
• Certification as RPT(AMT) or ASCP or equivalent required, or must be completed in first year of employment; OR One year of college level psychology, communications, or science course work plus 1 year of dedicated phlebotomy experience/training in a clinical laboratory.
• Strong customer service skills - ability to interact with a variety of clients including doctors, nurses, laboratory staff and patients, and maintain a customer service focus at all times.
• Ability to initiate procedures and policies to improve work flow and work accuracy in Phlebotomy.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Skills in dealing with high volume fast paced environment, with sometimes difficult public contact.
• Knowledge and/or experience with a Laboratory Information System and Hospital Information System.
• Phlebotomy skills with a variety of patient populations. (Pediatric or adult, inpatient or outpatient experience).
• Ability to work independently within established guidelines, to communicate and work effectively within a group.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us every day. With Abbott & Associates, you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!