Health Unit Coordinator
Portland, OR 97239
High School Degree or GED
Health care related and/or clerical experience (1 year)
Basic Math & Computer Skills
Must be able to perform job functions in an intense environment during emergent situations
Require effective communication and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
Basic Knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations and symbols
Pay: $13.75/Hr Paid weekly
0800-1630. M-F no weekends SAFETY & PATIENT EXPERIENCE -
Act to promote a safe environment and Patient and Family Centered Care across the continuum to promote service excellence to foster exceptional experiences for our patients
• Greet and screen visitors
• Maintain Vendor calendar
• Update whiteboards and call boards
• Maintain census in Epic as well as Status Boards.
• Conduct safety/environment of care surveillance
• Post Isolation signs
• Print wrist bands
• Make charts for procedure patients
• Facilitate patient and family experiences
o Assist with communications between patient/family and healthcare team members
o Provide way finding
o Obtains any additional records requested by care team for the procedural patients.
o Activate MyChart (as requested)
o Activate Emergency response when needed
o Make post-discharge follow-up appointments (as requested)
o Support patient and family centered care across the continuum through Service Excellence
COMMUNICATIONS & OPERATIONS -
Support operations necessary to meet the needs of the unit.
• Communicate in a respectful, caring and non-judgmental manner.
• Facilitates unit flow:
o Receive information from GI physicians about inpatient add-ons and communicate to the scheduling team to add to the daily schedule.
o Communicate add on procedures to short stay staff.
o Communicates concerns about upcoming schedule to Charge Nurse, Scheduler, Provider or managers as appropriate.
• Facilitate unit communications
o Answer phones
o Assist with paging
o Update patient schedule on white board
o Manage Vocera wireless communication devices
• Schedule VIP (hospital transport) requests – and update as needed.
• Be an active participant in the daily readiness huddle
• Follow up on quick hits from daily readiness huddles
• Report and track equipment requiring maintenance
• Order and stock office supplies
• Send/receive materials in P-tube
• Deliver and pick up specimens
• Pick up medications from pharmacy
• Place Equipment Pool orders
• Reconcile Epic downtime entries (census)
• Receive medical record faxes and scan into Epic
• Scan consent forms into Epic
Serve as a resource to the unit to expedite the efficient functioning of the unit.
• Request and track ITG/Facilities work orders
• Communicate with inpatient units at direction of Charge Nurse or Manager
• Checks in patients as needed.
• Resolve printer malfunctions
• Documents fire drills in Sentact
• Maintain employee phone list (as requested)
• Scan and Maintain regulatory records into on-base
• Create, print, and distribute flyers
• Deliver mail
• Works with Provation analyst to resolve issues.
• Other duties as assigned
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!