Dental Assistant or EFDA
Portland, OR 97213
Work with Abbott & Associates, Inc., a premier dental staffing agency in the Portland, OR area. We are hiring a Dental Assistant on behalf of our general and emergency dentistry client in Northeast Portland.
Hours and Schedule: Monday and Tuesday and Thursday and Friday (potentially flexible), 7: 15-5pm closed for lunch
Placement Type: Direct hire
- Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven dedication to provide high quality, comprehensive dental care
- Ability to comply with safety procedures, rules, and regulations in order to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Strong working knowledge of dental terminology, equipment, and practices
Preferred: Expanded Functions license in state of Oregon
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.G., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.G., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!