Certified Medical Assistant
portland, OR 97211
Certified Medical Assistant-
A large hospital in downtown Portland searching for a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). The CMA will be responsible for rooming patients, taking vitals and performing injections and blood draws.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- National Medical Assistant certification either from NCCT or the AAMA
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be driven and motivated
- MA certification (AAMA, NCCT etc.)
- 1 year of MA experience is preferred
Hours are Monday-Friday 8: 30 am – 5: 00pm for one position and Monday through Friday 9: 00-5: 30 for the other position.
1. Patient Care. Assists in admission process by recording patients name, address, phone number, age, and other personal information; takes and records vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature; makes appointment for patient or refers patient to medical staff for immediate examination or treatment; transports patient to examination or treatment room with use of wheelchair or gurney or assists patient to walk; assists patient in undressing; assists physician with treatment or examination by passing instruments, applying or removing bandages and dressings, holding patient in proper position for x-rays or electrocardiograph, or collecting specimens; gives enemas, administers oral or injectable medication under close supervision of physician; observes and reports changes in patient’ s conditions; assists physician in emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation; assists physician in office surgeries.
2. Facility Maintenance. Removes used and un-sterile supplies and instruments from examination or treatment rooms; stocks rooms with sterile supplies and instruments; washes and sterilizes instruments or sends to central supply for sterilization; takes inventory of supplies, equipment, and instruments; orders supplies or requisitions them through unit superior.
3. Miscellaneous. Answers phones, and responds to non-medical questions; files and retrieves patient’ s records; runs errands such as delivering specimens to labs, picking up x-rays or lab reports, or picking up medication at pharmacy; transports equipment such as oxygen tanks to other locations within facility.
This is a temporary position that has the possibility of going perm offered by Abbott & Associates with their client company.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us everyday. With Abbott & Associates you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!