Call Center Representative (Healthcare)
Portland, OR 97239
This is a temporary 6-month assignment that has the possibility of being extended.
Schedule: Sunday - Saturday varying shifts available between 6am-9pm.
- An associate’ s degree or certification in general office occupations or office technology OR
- A bachelor's degree and 6 months of general office or secretarial experience OR
- General office experience as outlined below.
- One year general office or secretarial experience OR the above education OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in call center or customer service experience in food service or food related industry.
- Knowledge of the English language sufficient for telephone communication with patients and staff.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with the aid of a calculator.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production office environment, provide excellent customer service and service recovery with patients and families.
- Ability to handle high volume phones during peak meal times, manage other tasks throughout the day
- Use good judgment in decision making as to the appropriateness of the patient’ s food choice in relationship to the diet order and the computer system.
- Ability and flexibility to ongoing changes in daily work assignments and duties based on the needs of the department.
- Clear written and verbal English communication skills, ability and willingness to interact with all types of customers
- Must be able to learn all aspects of diet restrictions including which foods available fit into prescribed diets
- Perform advanced problem solving and complex problem resolution.
- High volume mouse work, typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Computer proficiency to include the ability to learn new computer systems rapidly.
The Call Center Representative receives and documents meal orders from patients and visitors in the call center according to established procedures and enter them directly into the Food & Nutrition Services computer system. The Representative will verify appropriate foods that meet diet order parameters, discuss options with patient/family, maintain service expectations, and participate in conflict reconciliation between physician ordered diet and patient preferences. Perform arithmetical computations for tube feeding/infant formula. This position will also respond to inquiries from patients and staff about the client Room Service Program and services, direct inquiries as necessary, explain processes and procedures to customers and provide information about services available.
**Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.**
This is a temporary position offered by Abbott & Associates Professional Placement with their client company.
Who is Abbott & Associates Professional Placement?
We are a family-owned and operated staffing agency working in the Oregon and SW Washington market since 2002. We are a Woman Business Enterprise and Emerging Small Business certified company, also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Abbott & Associates has recently been recognized as a Finalist for the Excellence in Family Business awards by the Austin Family Business program at Oregon State University.
Why you should work with us:
Work with a small, locally-owned staffing agency that takes a personally tailored approach to every match they make. Helping people is our greatest passion and what drives us every day. With Abbott & Associates, you won't just feel like a number, you will feel like family!
Visit our website to learn more about us or simply do a quick google search to read the wonderful things people have said about working with us!